of MINORU KATO PATENT ATTORNEY FIRM
Intellectual property (IP) has the potential to become a powerful tool for business development when used effectively. In an era where the competitive environment is severe, companies need to pay sufficient attention to IP as an investment for growth. It often happens that a high degree of expertise is required to solve problems related to IP. In order to build an optimized IP system for each company, it is important for an external IP specialist to properly support the internal IP personnel.
This office is opened with the hope that a patent attorney Minoru Kato, who has many years of IP work experience, will provide services to a wide range of clients as an outside expert, so as to assist their business development. With the flexibility and agility of a small firm, we would like to realize the optimal IP solution by customizing it to the needs of individual clients. The idea is expressed in the phrase – “We provide ‘customized’ high-quality IP services”.
As a Japanese patent attorney firm, we will proactively support and advise domestic and overseas clients for a wide range of IP matters, centered on fields such as chemistry, biotechnology, materials, goods and processes. Shown below is a non-exhaustive list of services that we offer. Please contact us from the <Contact> page for consultation regarding individual work content.
- Prosecution, Opposition & Invalidation proceedings
- Enforcement e.g., negotiations, licensing, litigation
- Prosecution and Enforcement including Customs procedure
- Expert opinions on IP issues such as validity and enforceability
- IP Information
- Searches and analyses of patent & other technical information
Minoru Kato, Mr. (Registered Japanese Patent Attorney, No. 10760)
- Ms. Business Law
- Ms. Agricultural Chemistry
- 1991- Turned from a researcher at a food chemical company to a technical staff at an international IP firm, involved in such IP works as patent prosecution, oppositions and invalidation proceedings as well as appeals before Tokyo High Court (currently IP High Court) especially in chemical and biotech fields
- 2000- Started working for IP department of a consumer products’ company, mostly leading IP management and strategy implementation on a global basis, including active utilization of its IP assets, as a senior manager
- 2019- Established Minoru Kato Patent Attorney Firm
- External Role
- 2006-2011 Vice Chair of the Patent Committee of JCIA (Japan Cosmetic Industry Association)
- 2016-2018 Managing Director at JIPA (Japan Intellectual Property Association)
- 2019- Senior Fellow at IIP (Institute of Intellectual Property)
- JPAA (Japan Patent Attorneys Association)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us from the <Contact> page.